About Us

The mission of Susan G. Komen North Jersey is to provide funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our 9-county, region: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren.

Through events like the Komen North Jersey Race for the Cure®, Komen North Jersey invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures. To date, the North Jersey Affiliate has granted over $23 million in funding for research and local community programs; ore than $16 million in community programs; more than $7 million in research.

Thanks to our donors, Komen has invested more than $2.6 billion — through groundbreaking research, community health outreach, advocacy and programs in more than 30 countries — in our focus to end breast cancer forever.

Komen has invested more than $847 million in research grants since we began in 1982, helping to understand breast cancer, find better screening and early detection methods and develop improved prevention and less invasive treatment strategies.

Our research will, one day, lead to the cures. Susan G. Komen Fact Sheet