Office Administrator Opportunity Available
This position reports to the Director of Operations and supports all members of the Komen North Jersey Team in administrative and operational capacities. All Komen North Jersey employees will participate in Affiliate events and Race for the Cure activities during the year.
JOB DESCRIPTION – OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Reports To: Director of Operations
Location: Summit, NJ
Employment Status: Full Time, Hourly
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt
Our promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
Each employee is responsible for doing whatever it takes to ensure that the organization is successful. We share responsibility for leadership, creativity, dynamic communication and finding solutions. Additionally, each employee will provide colleagues with the support and information they need to succeed in their jobs.
- Support Executive Director and Affiliate staff by returning phone calls, setting and confirming appointments, preparing for meetings, and assisting as requested
- With the Director of Operations, manage incoming volunteer inquiries, vet potential volunteers and assign tasks as appropriate, cultivate/manage volunteers as applicable, and assist in event volunteer management.
- Any additional administrative tasks to support the Affiliate
- Manage front desk operations by providing customer support, responding to donor inquiries, answering phones, preparing correspondence, and maintaining databases
- Manage supply inventory for office and events
- Monitor and address office maintenance and day to day office functions
- Assist with list management and mailings
- Clerical support for human resources and finance
- Provide support to the Operations Department during events including managing vendor relationships and logistics, managing auction inventory for Pink Tie Party, and other tasks as requested
- Receive and open daily postal mail
- Assist in allocating gifts for deposit
- Data entry for gifts and donations received
- Process and track matching gifts
- Manage acknowledgement letters to donors including non-race revenue and tributes
- Process in-kind donations including accepting contracts, managing the database, and sending acknowledgement letters
- Demonstrate creativity, flexibility and resilience
- Strategic and generative thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to be proactive, prioritize and problem-solve in fast-paced environments
- Ability to represent Komen North Jersey in an exemplary, professional manner at all levels of engagement
- Passion for Komen’s mission and working with volunteers
- Bachelor degree in business or related field preferred
- High level of proficiency in data entry and database management, working knowledge of Salesforce and Convio preferred
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products, ie. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in administrative and office management
- Experience with customer service and volunteer management
- Highly organized and able to produce neat and accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) mandatory
Komen North Jersey provides an accessible office location with free parking, an excellent work environment and generous benefits. As a team we support one another, promote fair treatment and inclusively of others. Job responsibilities require evening and weekend participation during event seasons. All staff, across departments, participate in the planning and implementation of Affiliate events including Race for the Cure. Occasional in-state travel required, with a possibility of regional or national travel for conferences. Expectations are high and responsibilities are broad.
Internal and External Contacts
Affiliate Board of Directors
Komen Headquarters Staff
Donors, Potential Donors
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include your salary requirements in your cover letter. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.