What we do:
- Helping uninsured and underinsured women & men who are in need of services today
- Investing in research to prevent others from getting the disease tomorrow
- Finding new, innovative treatment options to enhance the quality of life for patients AND ultimately find the causes and the cures to eradicate breast cancer forever!
Where the money goes:
- Seventy-six cents of every dollar raised is invested into our mission.
- Up to 25% of the net funds raised are directed to the Susan G. Komen Research Program.
- Up to 75% of net funds raised stay right here in our community to fund education, screening and diagnostic tests, treatment support, survivorship, and other mission activities.
- The nine counties that we serve are: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren.
Since 1982 Susan G. Komen has invested almost $3 billion in the fight against breast cancer, becoming the largest non-governmental source of funds in the world. Every major breast cancer breakthrough has been funded in part through Komen research dollars.
In North Jersey, Susan G. Komen has invested nearly $26 million into research and local community-based breast health screening, treatment, education, and support programs.
How you can help:
- Volunteer: serve on a committee, become a member of the speakers’ bureau, organize an event, support the office staff
- Participate: attend the Race for the Cure, attend a Komen North Jersey event
- Organize: hold a community event to raise money and raise awareness
- Donate: donations are accepted online and by U.S. Mail, corporate sponsorships are available