What we do:
- Helping uninsured and underinsured women & men who are in need of services today
- Investing in research to prevent others from getting the disease tomorrow
- Finding new, innovative treatment options to enhance the quality of life for patients AND ultimately find the causes and the cures to eradicate breast cancer forever!
Where the money goes:
- Since 1982 Susan G. Komen has invested almost $3 billion in the fight against breast cancer, becoming the largest non-governmental source of funds in the world. Every major breast cancer breakthrough has been funded in part through Komen research dollars.
- In North Jersey, Susan G. Komen has invested nearly $26 million into research and local community-based breast health screening, treatment, education, and support programs. The nine counties that we serve are: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren.
- Susan G. Komen North Jersey Affiliate 2018-2019 Grant Recipients
Our BOLD Goal:
Susan G. Komen has set a bold goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. by 2026. To do this we will find new treatments for the most aggressive forms of breast cancer that are killing 40,000 people in the U.S. each year and step up our fight to ensure that all people – especially the most vulnerable among us – have access to and utilize high-quality breast cancer care.
How you can help:
- Donate: Every donation makes a difference. Donations are accepted online and by U.S. Mail; corporate sponsorships are also available.
- Volunteer: Serve on a committee, become a member of the Speakers’ Bureau, organize an event, or support the office staff.
- Participate: Attend Race for the Cur, or another Komen North Jersey event.
- Organize: Hold a community event to raise money for Komen.