Career Opportunity: Development and Event Manager
Development and Event Manager
Reports To: Director, Development
Basic Function: The Development and Event Manager is responsible for organizing, planning and leading fundraising activities for the Affiliate as well as finding/ building all new revenue streams to help maximize opportunities. The position is responsible for diversifying and expanding current fundraising strategies with emphasis on execution of special events (including Race for the Cure® and Pink Tie Affair), annual giving, major gifts, new third party events and national programs.
- Meet and exceed aggressive fundraising goals for Race for the Cure, Pink Tie Affair, Third Party Events and Planned Giving
- Work in conjunction with Development Department to create and execute planning for comprehensive fundraising programs with annual and long-term fundraising objectives covering all aspects of development, including annual giving, major gifts, grants, and events
- Strategize, create and assist in the development of a major gift campaign in collaboration with the Development Department
- Meet corporate sponsorship goals for Race for the Cure and Pink Tie Affair through prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation of NEW corporate sponsorships and re-solicitation and maintenance of current corporate sponsorships and donors
- Build and manage a Fund Development Committee to create and execute a pipeline of new revenue opportunities
- Work collaboratively with Development Department on the recruitment, execution and cultivation of NEW corporate partners and donors
- Recruit, maintain and grow corporate, donor and volunteer partnerships
- Recruit and manage volunteers and committees for special events
- Solicit and manage Race for the Cure teams to meet and exceed fundraising goals
- Collaborate with staff to actively and creatively engage volunteers, survivors and other partners in development activities
- Maintain involvement with external organizations and professional groups to build long-term relationships for donors and raise awareness for Komen North Jersey
- Represent the Affiliate when necessary at events
- Support Executive Director and Board with other Affiliate projects and events as requested
- Possible travel throughout the service area and to Headquarters’ for training and meetings
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum three- five years’ experience in special events, development, non-profit management or equivalent fund development experience. Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer fundraising events and programs. CFRE preferred. Ability to understand/ speak Spanish preferred.
Candidate will also possess:
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a diverse population
- Experience recruiting sponsorships and event participants/ teams
- Ability to recruit, motivate, manage and appropriately utilize high level volunteers
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to professionally prioritize, problem solve, work independently and multitask under deadlines and pressure
- A record of planning and supporting growth
- Ability to represent Komen North Jersey in an exemplary, professional manner at all levels of engagement
- Working knowledge of philanthropic and economic trends affecting the non-profit community
- Act as an ambassador and seek ways to enhance mission impact within the community
- Ability to support team members when necessary regardless of task at hand
- A high degree of integrity that garners the trust and respect of others
- Organizational skills with thoroughness, timeliness, and detail when working under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), PDF Editor Photoshop, Convio and Salesforce preferred
- Prior experience working with or reporting to a Board of Directors
Travel, evening and weekend work required.
Komen North Jersey provides an accessible office location with free parking, an excellent work environment and generous benefits. As a team we support one another, promote fair treatment and inclusively of others and job responsibilities require evening and weekend participation. All staff, across departments, participate in the planning and implementation of Affiliate events including Race for the Cure. Training and conferences at Komen National Headquarters will require occasional out of state travel. Expectations are high and responsibilities are broad.
Internal and External Contacts
Affiliate Board of Directors
Komen Headquarters Staff
Our Mission is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
Please send cover letter and resume to Gina Fernicola, Director of Development.