How to Fundraise
Fundraising is easy with online fundraising tools! When you register for the Race, you gain access to your very own Participant Center that allows you access to a personal web page, sample fundraising emails, tips, ideas and much more! Use your personal page to tell others why you participate in the Race for the Cure and accept donations online in support of your personal fundraising goal. Log in and get started now!
What can you do once you log in to your Participant Center?
- Upload a photo. Use it to tell others why you are participating.
- Encourage friends and family to make an online donation in support of your fundraising goal.
- Use one of our sample emails to invite others to donate to you online.
- See who has donated to you and use our sample thank-you emails to say thanks.
- If you’re a team captain, you can access your team roster to communicate with team members and much more, directly from your Participant Center.
Fundraising is easy!
- Start asking for pledges early!
- Set a goal and tell people what it is. Let everyone know that you’re training for the Komen North Jersey Race for the Cure and need their donations to help find the cures for breast cancer.
- Research your company’s matching gift program. You could double your money!
- Learn about Komen North Jersey and where the money goes.
- Remember to thank every individual who helps you reach your goal. Let them know they’re making a difference
- Provide updates…let people know how much you’ve raised and how close you are to reaching your goal
Collecting cash or check donations?
Please click here to download a mail-in fundraising form.
Mail-in fundraising forms must be received by June 30th, 2014 for donations to be credited toward your fundraising goal. Any forms received after that date will be counted as general Race donations. Forms should be mailed to:
Komen North Jersey
44 Middle Avenue, 2nd Fl
Summit, NJ 07901
*Participants: Be sure to include your full name and complete contact information on the form so that we may inform you of additional donations received on your behalf. Also on the form – please be sure to list the full names and addresses of people who make donations on your behalf so that we may send them a receipt of their donation.
Every dollar makes an impact – thank you for everything you do!