WE’RE HIRING: Office Administrator
Administrative / Executive
- Oversee reception area; greet visitors/vendors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner.
- Support Executive Director and Affiliate staff by returning phone calls, setting and confirming appointments, preparing for meetings, taking meeting minutes and assisting as requested
- Maintain supplies inventory; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies.
- Coordinate schedule for conference rooms
- With the Directors, manage incoming volunteer inquiries, vet potential volunteers and assign tasks as appropriate, cultivate/manage volunteers as applicable, and assist in event volunteer management.
- Any additional administrative tasks to support the Affiliate
- Assist in training others on effective use of platforms and systems, including Salesforce and Convio.
- Assist with list management and mailings
- Clerical support for human resources and finance when necessary
- Assist with the on-boarding of new employees, volunteers and interns
- Provide support during events including managing vendor relationships and logistics, managing auction inventory for Pink Tie Party, and other tasks as requested
- Support annual audit through data gathering.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Receive and open daily postal mail
- Liaising with our outsourced accounting firm; may include processing deposits, payables, and invoicing
- Process donations, offline gifts and ensure database data entry integrity
- Process and track matching gifts
- Manage acknowledgement letters to donors including non-race revenue and tributes
- Process in-kind donations including accepting contracts, managing the database, and sending acknowledgements
- Manage and track pending account receivables for contracts
- Assist in stewardship and cultivation of donors
- Assist in event logistics as needed
- Field all incoming inquiries on fundraising opportunities
- Identify leads and prospects for fundraising events
- Manage third party fundraising process through volunteer cultivation, processing inquiries and acknowledgements, securing donations and maintaining the database
- Demonstrate creativity, flexibility and resilience
- Strategic and generative thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to be proactive, prioritize and problem-solve in fast-paced environments
- Ability to represent Komen North Jersey in an exemplary, professional manner at all levels of engagement
- Passion for Komen’s mission and working with volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- High level of proficiency in data entry and database management, working knowledge of Salesforce and Convio preferred
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products, ie. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in administrative and office management
- Experience with customer service and volunteer management
- Highly organized and able to produce neat and accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and lift over 40 lbs
Komen North Jersey provides an accessible office location with free parking, an excellent work environment and generous benefits. As a team we support one another, promote fair treatment and inclusively of others. Job responsibilities require evening and weekend participation during event seasons. All staff, across departments, participate in the planning and implementation of Affiliate events including Race for the Cure. Occasional in-state travel required, with a possibility of regional or national travel for conferences. Expectations are high and responsibilities are broad.